Friday, January 23, 2009

Is It Possible To Stay Behind The Scenes When You Work In The Fashion Industry?

Before I started my company, I was a pretty successful model. I loved being in front of the camera and couldn't wait for my next shoot. When I became pregnant, all of that pretty much subsided and I geared my focus toward my company. Oddly, and to this day I really can't explain why, I decided that people knowing who I was and what I looked like was not important. I then vowed to stay completely behind the scenes so the focus would always be on my talent. This worked for a couple of years with the exception of some of my talent knowing my face as well as the attendees of various networking mixers and, of course, meetings with current and prospective clients. Now, as much as I try to run from it, I can't seem to get away from "The Scene" which is important to be a part of when you are trying to evolve and grow your business.

I seriously thought I could get away with staying in the office behind my computer and phone but I suppose that was a ridiculous thought process from the start. I now find myself wondering why it even mattered to be out of the spotlight. I wonder now if I was like a typical insecure model who truly glowed in the light but secretly felt she didn't deserve success or expected it to all go wrong in the end. Maybe it's because I know there's a price you have to pay when people "know" you. I'm not claiming any of this because I'm honestly unsure where this desire to not be known came from especially since I've always been a flower that thrives in the light.

My company is reaching a new high, but to achieve it, I am forced to go where the light is. I guess I kind of answered my own question and now it's time to come into acceptance.

Re'Nauta Bell
-Owner

1 comment:

  1. If ever a time to CHANGE your thinking, it's now. I witnessed the CHANGE, in DC in 20+ degree weather & I will never be the same again.

    ReplyDelete

EMG Company Newsletter
SIGN UP FOR OUR MONTHLY E-LETTER

(Required fields are bold)




Preferred format
Preferred format    


Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp